Vegan Face Masks From the Fridge
You don’t need to pay big bucks for a spa-style vegan face mask—you can make one yourself! Making your own concoctions for your face might make your mouth water, though, as the ingredients are often fresh from the fridge and yummy. Organic ingredients are great but can be hard to find or expensive, so just use them when you can. Have fun, and don’t be afraid to add ingredients for your own unique spin on these awesome beauty must-haves.
My favorite mask is inspired by an age-old beauty secret: cucumbers. Cucumbers contain silica, which can help rejuvenate your skin, tighten your pores, and even treat a nasty sunburn!
Cool Cucumber Mask
1 cucumber, grated
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 fresh mint leaves, crushed
- Combine all the ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Apply to the face and neck. After 15 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Your skin should feel cool and soft.
The idea of an oatmeal mask isn’t new, but this simplified version of the classic facial is pure goodness. Oatmeal can help restore your skin’s natural moisture and also help heal scarring.
1/2 cup rolled or whole oats
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (almond milk works, too!)
1 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- Blend the oats in a food processor until no large grains remain.
- Add the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and pulse until well mixed.
- Apply to the face and neck. After 10 to 20 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Enjoy rejuvenated skin!
Avocado is one of my favorite foods to eat, and its health benefits are endless. It’s great for your body, hair, and skin. This face mask uses avocado to moisturize and cleanse, the antioxidant benefits of cocoa powder to protect the skin, and agave nectar to soothe the skin—making this face mask even more tempting to eat! (This recipe can also double as a delicious raw vegan chocolate pudding—just add 1 teaspoonful of vanilla.)
Chocolate Facial Pudding
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Apply to the face and neck. After 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly.
Posted by Edwina Baier