10 Reasons Why My Dog Is My Valentine
The following article was originally posted on peta.org.
Valentine’s Day is the day when we cherish our loved ones and shower them with affection. We each choose a valentine and make every effort to show that special someone just how much we truly appreciate him or her. But who says “that someone” has to be human? For everyone who’s “in love” with a furry, four-legged canine, let’s take a moment to reflect on why we’re so crazy about our dogs.
1. My dog joyously greets me every time I come home.
2. My dog is always in the mood to cuddle.
3. My dog never leaves the toilet seat up.
4. My dog enjoys long walks on the beach.
5. My dog never complains about my cooking.
6. My dog helps me clean up spills in the kitchen.
7. My dog keeps me warm at night and never steals the covers.
8. My dog shares my belief that there’s never a wrong time for a nap.
9. My dog doesn’t fight with me about what show we should watch on TV.
10. My dog loves me unconditionally.
If you’re looking for a “long-term relationship” with a furry friend, please visit your local animal shelter and save a life.
Now tell us why your dog (or cat!) is your Valentine!