25 Reasons You Should Never Fly Air France
Air France is the only major airline in the world that still ships monkeys to their deaths in laboratories. Here’s how it happens:
1. Every year, thousands of monkeys are shipped to laboratories in the United States and elsewhere.
2. Some are traumatically captured in the jungle …
3. … and some are the babies of wild-caught monkeys who are bred on decrepit factory farms in Asia and Africa.
4. On these farms, monkeys starve …
5. … are injured …
6. … and die.
7. Here, a breeder shows off his “product”—a new mother—while her baby still clings to her.
8. When they are ready to be shipped, monkeys are locked in small shipping crates.
9. Here, terrified monkeys wait on the tarmac to be loaded onto a plane.
They are often loaded right under the feet of unsuspecting passengers.
10. Sometimes, the monkeys are not given food, water, or veterinary care and die excruciating and terrifying deaths during multistop journeys that can last more than 30 hours.
11. Those who survive the grueling flights are loaded onto trucks and sent on days-long cross-country trips to laboratories.
12. They are dark, terrifying places.
13. Monkeys are subjected to painful, invasive, and irrelevant experiments.
14. They are starved and restrained in order to force them to participate in experiments …
15. … are infected with diseases …
16. … and are roughly force-fed chemicals and drugs.
17. Their heads are drilled into, and objects are screwed into them.
18. Ultimately, they are killed.
19. These horrors continue, even though more than 90 percent of drugs that pass animal testing fail in human trials.
20. But there is good news!
21. Thanks to pressure from PETA and our international affiliates, there has been a 40 percent drop in the number of monkeys being shipped to laboratories in the U.S.
That’s nearly 10,000 monkeys!
22. Airlines such as China Southern Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Philippine Airlines, and United Airlines are listening to consumers by refusing to ship monkeys to laboratories.
23. And Air France is now the only major airline in the world (!) that still flies monkeys to their deaths.
24. Once Air France stops, we’ll be seeing way less of this …
25. … and way more of this.
Tell Air France to join every other major airline in the world by not shipping monkeys to their deaths in laboratories!
Posted by Edwina Baier