8 Reasons to Adopt—Not Buy—Dogs
Can you teach a human new tricks? We think so, which is why we’re going to let these clever canines attempt to teach you why adopting a dog is always better than buying one.
1. When you buy a dog from a pet store, you’re supporting cruel puppy mills. He can’t believe that you would ever do that. Not you.
2. You can’t buy love—but you can adopt it from an animal shelter (and for a lot less than buying a dog from a breeder or a pet store would cost).
3. Many “pre-owned” dogs are already housetrained.
4. What’s up, doc—er, dog? Shelters and rescue groups often include vaccinations and spaying or neutering in their adoption fees.
5. At an animal shelter, you can find a dog to fit your unique personality (even if you’re a little nutty).
6. You will be rewarded with looks like this one and other expressions of gratitude for as long as you both shall live.
7. Millions of dogs are waiting in animal shelters to be adopted every year. Here are two of them.
8. Ahhhh, it feels great to know that you saved a life.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get in touch with your local shelter today, and save a life!
Posted by Edwina Baier