Foodie Friday: Lemon-Cinnamon Palmiers
Tart and zesty with the homey scent of cinnamon, these easy-to-make pastries are sure to become the whole family’s new dessert favorite!
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cinnamon powder
1 pkg. (two sheets) vegan puff pastry
2 Tbsp. flour (for rolling pastry)
2 1/4 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar
5 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roll out each puff pastry sheet on a floured surface.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cinnamon-sugar mix over the entire surface of the puff pastry sheets and press down slightly. Fold the outside ends of the pastry sheets to the center (so that they look like a book).
- Fold again the same way, and then fold a third time to make a long strip. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into thin slices and place on a baking sheet several centimeters apart.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mix on top of each palmier.
- Bake on the middle rack for approximately 10 minutes.
- Gently turn each piece over and continue baking another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, combine the confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice. The glaze should be slightly loose for drizzling—if not, add another teaspoonful of lemon juice.
- Once the palmiers have cooled slightly, drizzle with the glaze.
Makes 12 servings
Posted by Jason Baker