Foodie Friday: Mexican Layer Dip
I don’t know about you, but I love Mexican food! I’m particularly fond of this recipe because it’s so quick and easy to make. Try it – you’ll see!
1 can vegetarian refried beans (spicy variety, if you like it hot)
1 cup guacamole
1 1/2 cups pico de gallo or tomato salsa
1-2 cups grated soy cheddar cheese
1 cup vegan sour cream mixed with 1 packet vegan taco seasoning
1/2 cup black olives, finely chopped
2-3 green onions, chopped
Finely diced tomato and capsicum for garnish, optional
Parsley or coriander sprigs, optional
- Spread the refried beans on the bottom of a 25-cm baking dish.
- Add the guacamole and pico de gallo or tomato salsa.
- Add the soy cheese, then gently spread the vegan sour cream mixture on top.
- Place the black olives in the centre and sprinkle the green onions around them.
- A garnish of finely diced tomatoes and capsicum makes the dip stand out, as does a sprig or two of parsley or coriander.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Posted by Jason Baker