Foodie Fridays: Sweet Corn Soup
Sweet corn soup is the perfect treat to help you cool down on a hot summer day. This easy recipe tastes delicious, takes only a few minutes to cook, and makes enough for more than 10 people (food always tastes better when you share it!).
Sweet Corn Soup
3-4 stalks corn, washed thoroughly
1 small pkg. pandan leaves, washed thoroughly and tied in knots
100 g sesame seeds
200 g cornstarch
50 ml water
150 g sugar
Salt, to taste
3 drops vanilla extract
300 ml coconut milk
- Bring 2 liters of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the corn and pandan leaves and boil on low heat.
- In a separate pan, stir-fry the sesame seeds until golden brown.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water to form a soupy consistency.
- When the corn is soft, remove the cobs from the water. Using a big knife, cut straight down the stalk and slice off the kernels. Toss the cores back into the pot for another 2 minutes, then remove them with the pandan leaves.
- Pour the chopped corn back into the pot, then add the cornstarch mixture. (If you want the soup to be thick, add more cornstarch. If you prefer it to be thin, add less cornstarch.) Turn down the heat and cook until your desired thickness is reached.
- Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and stir.
- Let cool in the fridge for 1 hour, then serve with the coconut milk and sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!
Makes 20 servings
Posted by intern Trang Dang