Foodie Fridays: Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream With Toasted Almonds and Strawberries
Here’s a quick and easy vegan ice cream recipe for those craving a sweet and refreshing dessert.
Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream With Toasted Almonds and Strawberries
1 cup sliced almonds
10–12 large strawberries, sliced
2 Tbsp. sugar or 1 Tbsp. agave
Vanilla-flavored soy, coconut, or rice ice cream
- Toast the almonds in the oven and grind in a food processor until broken into smaller pieces.
- Purée the strawberries with the sugar or agave.
- Spoon the frozen vegan ice cream into an oval ball about 2 inches by 1½ inches.
- Roll the ice cream into the ground almonds.
- Set the coated balls on a shallow pan lined with wax paper.
- Chill in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Garnish with the strawberries.
Posted by Jason Baker