To help provide injured and neglected donkeys, camels, horses, mules, and, occasionally, dogs, cats, goats, and sheep with treatment at PETA’s clinic in Petra, Jordan, under the guidance of an experienced equine surgeon
Term of Employment:
Full-time, minimum of 40 hours per week
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat animal patients at the clinic and in the field
- Observe and monitor the health and well-being of admitted animals, including body composition, stool and urine, energy level, nutritional needs, appetite, and stress
- Act upon and maintain records of observations
- Assist with dispensing medication and communicating with animal owners
- Promote the humane care and treatment of animals while maintaining a good relationship with the community
- Degree in veterinary medicine from an accredited university of veterinary medicine
- Must be a Jordanian citizen
- Experience with equines
- Experience with NGOs
- Strong interest in shelter medicine
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written
- Effective organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Supportive of and possessing the ability to advocate for animal welfare issues
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Petra region
While experience is preferred, new graduates are welcome to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
PETA’s clinic in Jordan is located at Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, approximately two hours from the coastal city of Aqaba and three hours from the Dead Sea and from Amman.
How to Apply
Deadline for this position is: August 1, 2021
To apply for a position with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Asia, please complete this form. Because of the high number of submissions that PETA Asia receives, applications are not accepted by other means. Depending on your experience and your country of residence, some positions may require you to work as an independent contractor. Independent contractors are not employees and are not entitled to benefits.