To offer excellent veterinary care to injured and neglected donkeys, camels, horses, mules, and, occasionally, dogs, cats, goats, and sheep at PETA’s small but busy desert clinic in Petra, Jordan.
Term of Employment:
Full-time, minimum of 40 hours per week. Long- or short-term contract.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat animal patients at the clinic and in the field
- Observe and monitor the health, wellbeing, and disposition, of admitted animals.
- Act upon and maintain records of observations
- Dispense medications and communicate with and educate animal owners
- Promote the humane care and treatment of animals while maintaining a good relationship with the community
- Degree in veterinary medicine from an accredited university of veterinary medicine
- Experience in equine medicine
- Fluency in spoken and written English (knowledge of Arabic preferred)
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in advocating for animal welfare
- Kindness and honesty
- Jordanian citizenship preferred
While experience is preferred, new graduates are welcome to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
PETA’s clinic in Jordan is located at Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, approximately two hours from the coastal city of Aqaba and three hours from the Dead Sea and from Amman.
How to Apply
Deadline for this position is: February 1, 2022
To apply for a position with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Asia, please complete this form. Because of the high number of submissions that PETA Asia receives, applications are not accepted by other means. Depending on your experience and your country of residence, some positions may require you to work as an independent contractor. Independent contractors are not employees and are not entitled to benefits.