Top 10 Tuesday: World Cup Players Who’ve Given Leather the Boot
The below players (in no particular order) aren’t just some of the best-ranked football (aka “soccer,” for you Americans, Australians, and Canadians out there) players, they also have many fans at PETA for choosing to use leather-free shoes in this year’s World Cup!
- Brazil’s Robinho is sporting Nike’s Mercurial Vapor Superfly Robinho Edition this season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo of Portugal wears Nike’s Mercurial Vapor Superfly II.
- Portugal’s Deco is wearing synthetics, sporting Umbro Stealth Pro, made from Teijin Japanese microfiber.
- Steven Gerrard of England shows off a spankin’ pair of World Cup Edition Adidas Predator X.
- Cesc Fàbregas of Spain chooses Nike’s Elite CTR360 Maestri.
- Argentina’s Javier Mascherano is also a fan of Nike’s Elite CTR360 Maestri.
- Manuel Neuer of Germany joins Gerrard in putting on a pair of World Cup Edition Adidas Predator X‘s before every match.
- Mesut Özil, also of Germany, is another fan of Nike’s Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Elite.
- Portugal’s Nani also sports Nike’s Mercurial Vapor Superfly II.
- Andrés Iniesta of Spain joins his teammate Cesc Fàbregas in choosing Nike’s Elite CTR360 Maestri.
The meat industry relies on leather sales since skin is the most economically important byproduct of the meat-packing industry. But you don’t have to be a star of the world’s best football teams to know that! Join these sports stars by pledging that the only skin on your feet is your own!
Posted by Jason Baker