These policies do not extend to external sites linked from our sites or other non-PETA Web site content. Please check with these companies and sites for their policies regarding data privacy, including the use of “cookies.”
Why does PETA ask for my information?
In order to participate in some of PETA’s activities, you might be asked to provide some personal information. This could be in connection with any one or combination of the following:
- Making or renewing a donation online
- Sending personalized faxes or e-mail messages when participating in action alerts
- Registering for PETA’s activist networks
- Participating in contests, surveys, petitions, information pack requests, and giveaways
- Subscribing to PETA e-news lists
What information does PETA collect?
We do not collect personal information from our visitors beyond that which is supplied to us on a voluntary basis.
How does PETA use the information gathered from the above sources?
We use your information to send you details about our campaigns, events, and activities; local volunteer opportunities and alerts; and membership and renewal appeals.
PETA also uses information gathered via our Web sites to improve our Web-based campaigns. PETA performs statistical analyses of aggregate user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of various areas on our Web sites and to use such information to improve our Web sites’ ability to serve you better.
How does PETA use the materials that I submit?
- All photos, text, and other content or information submitted by you to PETA shall become the property of PETA, and PETA shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or other people any photos or information so submitted.
- You understand that because PETA becomes the owner of all photos, text, and other content or information submitted by you, PETA and its officers, directors, employees, successors, and assigns may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, modify, publish, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise make use of the submitted photos, text, and other content or information in any and all media—whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose, without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting any photo, text, or other content or information to PETA, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo, text, or other content or information does not infringe on any copyright or trademark, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to transfer the photo, text, or other content or information to PETA free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that PETA shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any photo, text, or content or other information submitted by you.
- You further understand and intend that any photo, text, and other content or information submitted by you to PETA may be available for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You understand that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo, text, or other content or information that you submit to PETA. By submitting any photo, text, or other content or information to PETA, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo, text, or other content or information submitted by you to PETA.
- You hereby agree to hold PETA and its officers, directors, employees, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with PETA’s use of the photos, text, or other content or information submitted by you to PETA and used in any manner in PETA’s sole and absolute discretion.
How is information used in PETA e-news?
You will only receive e-mail newsletters (“e-news”) from us if you have expressly signed up for e-news on a PETA Web site. We do not share the information that we gather from subscribers to our e-news lists (including e-mail addresses) with non-PETA-affiliated organizations or companies. From time to time, we may send out e-mail messages that might include information about these like-minded organizations and companies, but we do not provide them with access to any personal information that you have provided. If you live outside the Asia-Pacific region and provide us with your contact details, we may share these with PETA’s international affiliates in order to keep you apprised of developments in your part of the world. If you don’t want your information to be given to PETA’s international affiliates, please contact us at [email protected].
In order to provide you with better and more relevant information, we compile information about e-mail response and Web site usage. This information helps us to better understand site usage patterns and what types of content and information may help improve your user experience on PETA’s Web site.
All e-mail messages sent to e-mail newsletter subscribers contain a link to unsubscribe or to modify your profile. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to any e-news or e-mail communication from PETA at any time.
If you have any questions about PETA e-news, please contact us at [email protected].
How does PETA protect your information?
PETA is extremely protective of the information gathered through its membership and Web site. Our Web site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. Our Web server is located in a locked, secure environment.
When you contribute to PETA online, we use a secure server and encryption to protect your financial and other personal information during transmission.
Does PETA rent, sell, or trade my information?
PETA occasionally makes the names and postal addresses of members available to reputable commercial companies and advocacy and nonprofit organizations.
If you are a PETA member and you don’t wish to have your information exchanged with other organizations and companies, please contact us at [email protected] to speak to one of our membership service representatives.
The easiest method to correct and/or change other information regarding your membership or subscription is by contacting us at [email protected].
If you are not a PETA member and you have provided personal contact information on our website through the methods listed above, your information will not be exchanged with organisations that are not affiliated with PETA. If you live outside the Asia-Pacific region, we may share your contact details with PETA’s international affiliates in order to keep you apprised of developments in animal protection activities in your part of the world. Please e-mail [email protected] if you don’t want your information to be shared in this manner.
You can also reach us via mail at:Main Office
GPO Box 1700