Recipe: Garlic-Artichoke Dip
Creamy-smooth dips are always party pleasers. Rather than opening up a store-bought container at your next get-together, whip up something fresh and innovative like this garlic-artichoke dip and—trust me—your dinner guests will thank you!
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large red onion, roughly chopped
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 16-oz. can white beans, preferably cannellini, drained and rinsed
1 16-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan set over medium heat. Sauté the onions, oregano, and thyme until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender set on high-speed, combine the beans with the artichoke hearts, lemon or lime juice, salt, cayenne pepper, and the onion mixture. Tip: Adding parsley at this stage helps prevent garlic breath.
- Purée for 30 seconds or however long it takes to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Leave the dip to sit a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge to allow the flavors to develop.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables, bagel chips, tortilla chips, or pretzels.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Posted by Jason Baker