Bananas are good no matter how you eat them. Fresh, fried, baked, or boiled, they hit the spot. Packed full of nutrients and vitamins, this mouthwatering banana bread will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. Give it a try!
4 ripe bananas
2/3 cup muscovado or raw sugar
5 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup flax seeds, plus more for garnish
6 dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F)
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Add the sugar, water, and almond or vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Pour into the banana mixture.
- Add the walnuts, pumpkins seeds, dates and flax seeds and stir well.
- Pour into a lightly oiled loaf pan, garnish with walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds, and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and slice!
Makes about 6 slices
Posted by Edwina Baier