Wraps allow a lot of room for culinary creativity—you can fill a wrap with almost anything for a quick lunch on-the-go! Check out this protein-rich, delicious, and hearty recipe.
Mushroom and Potato Wraps
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (try Nayonaise®)
1-2 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce
Juice of 1 lime
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil
1-2 dashes soy sauce
3 boiled potatoes, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 large tomato, sliced
Pinch sea salt
4 wrappers (tortillas, lumpia wrappers, pita bread, or chapati)
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1 red or green capsicum pepper, sliced
- Mash the beans with the water and cumin to make a spread.
- Combine the vegan mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, and lime juice to make a sauce.
- In a small pan, sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoonful of oil and the soy sauce.
- In a separate pan, fry the potatoes and onions in 3 tablespoonfuls of oil.
- In a third pan, sauté the tomatoes in 1 teaspoonful of oil and the salt.
- Cover the wrappers with a damp microwavable paper towel and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Cover the surface of each with the bean spread. Starting in the center and going to within 1 inch from the edge, add the mushrooms, potatoes, tomatoes, avocado, and peppers.
- Drizzle with the mayonnaise sauce and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Roll up tightly and cut in half diagonally.
Makes 4 wraps
Posted by Jason Baker