3 Tbsp. vegetable margarine (try Nuttelex brand)
1/8 tsp. or a pinch cinnamon
3 bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise, then widthwise
1/3 cup agave syrup
1/3 cup spiced rum
2 Tbsp. coffee liqueur
- Melt the margarine in a large sauté pan.
- Add the cinnamon, bananas, and agave syrup. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes, turning the bananas over once.
- Add the rum and shake the pan. Remove from heat and very carefully ignite the pan’s contents with a long lighter. Shake the pan until the flame goes out (about 10 seconds).
- Add the coffee liqueur and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the syrup starts to thicken.
- Using a spatula, put 2 or 3 banana slices on each plate, spooning the syrup around the bananas.
- Optional: Serve with your favorite soy ice cream or coconut sorbet.
Makes 4-6 servings
Posted by Jason Baker