It took me longer to write this recipe than to make it. This delicious, cruelty-free creamy delight is just that simple! If berries aren’t available, you can replace them with bananas, peaches, or even pineapples.
250 g soft silken tofu
80 ml canola or vegetable oil
43 g powdered sugar
7 ml vanilla extract
2 ml lemon juice
Pinch of sea salt
1 kg fresh berries
32-64 g sugar, to taste
6 commercial frozen vegan puff pastry shells (make sure they’re not made with butter!)
- Place the tofu, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt in a blender and blend until creamy. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, toss the berries with the sugar. Set aside.
- Bake the pastry shells according to the package directions for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When the pastries are fully baked, let cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the center of each cooked puff pastry and fill each shell with 2-3 Tbsp. of tofu cream. Top with the berries.
Makes 6 servings
Posted by Jason Baker