Looking for a great way to start a lazy Sunday? How about surprising your kids with a tasty breakfast treat? Either way, try this quick-and-easy vegan recipe for delicious old-fashioned American pancakes!
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (or use white flour for lighter-colored pancakes)
2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds (optional)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. cane sugar
3/4 cup buckwheat pancake mix (I recommend Hodgson Mill brand)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. vanilla soy milk
12.3-oz. block soft silken tofu, puréed with 2 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup nuts, broken into pieces (walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed
1 ripe banana, sliced
- Combine the first 10 ingredients and set aside for a few minutes.
- Pour one-third of the batter onto a medium-hot, well-oiled skillet or griddle.
- Immediately add one-third of the nuts, blueberries, and/or bananas in any combination.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Makes 3 servings
Posted by Jason Baker