1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups spoon-size shredded wheat (coarsely crushed)
3/4 cup raisins
- Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup and peanut butter in large microwavable bowl.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until bubbly at the edges.
- Stir until blended. Add the shredded wheat and raisins and continue stirring.
- Press the mixture into an oiled 8-inch-by-8-inch square pan.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Store in an airtight container.
- Replace the raisins with dried cherries, dates or apricots.
- Add a handful of your favourite nuts to the mixture when the shredded wheat is added.
Makes 16 squares
Posted by Jason Baker