Did you know that Starbucks in the Philippines not only offers nondairy soy milk—which you can add to any drink—but also delicious, decadent vegan chocolate cake? Times have really changed in the past 15 years, and tasty vegan options are popping up all over the country! Here’s our handy guide to ordering vegan food and drinks at Starbucks in the Philippines.
The basic drinks are vegan: Get yourself a hot coffee or an iced version with soy milk and any flavor of sweetener syrup (such as vanilla, caramel, or hazelnut), and you’re all set. For drinks that are a bit more “involved,” simply follow these three rules:
It’s no secret that cows suffer in the dairy industry, so always remember to order soy milk. All stores nationwide offer this option, and it can be used to replace cow’s milk in any drink for a small additional cost.
Ask your barista to hold the following nonvegan ingredients:
- Whipped cream
- Caramel drizzle (used on the Caramel Macchiato and Caramel Frappuccino)
- Anything with pumpkin spice
- Anything with honey, such as the Iced Shaken Black Tea with Ruby Grapefruit and Honey
- Anything with vanilla cream, such as the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Chai lattes—chai concentrate contains honey
- Anything with white chocolate, such as the White Hot Chocolate and White Chocolate Mocha
- Anything with panna, because it means cream
Note the following:
- Clear syrups are usually vegan, but the sauces aren’t—except the mocha one.
- Grass jelly is vegan!
- Hot chocolate with soy milk instead of dairy milk is vegan. Just remember to ask for no whipped cream.
Some of our favorite drinks include these:
- Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino (with soy milk and no whipped cream)
- Java Chip Frappuccino (with soy milk and no whipped cream)
- Dark Mocha Frappuccino (with soy milk and no whipped cream)
- Caffè lattes (with soy milk)
- Caffè mochas (with soy and without the whipped cream)
- Green tea lattes (with soy milk)
- Flat White (with soy milk)
- Nitro Cold Brew (at select locations)
Starbucks also offers some vegan food options. Grab any of these, and you’re good to go:
- Sinless Chocolate Cake: A moist chocolate sponge cake layered with dairy-free dark chocolate avocado and raspberry filling
- Banana Chocolate Loaf: A banana and chocolate chip cake, with chocolate drops and walnuts on the top
- Oatmeal (Ask for this with steamed soy milk or hot water instead of dairy milk.)
- Just Bagel
- Fruit Cup
- Pomelo cup
- Dried fruit crisps
- Harvest Box Snack Pack (We Love Nuts or Go Bananas varieties)
- Go Lite! Chips
- Cob’s Popcorn
- 65% Dark Chocolate
- Silk Soy Milk
- Silk Almond Milk
- Tazo Bottled Tea
- Noah’s Creative Juices
- Vita Coco
- Badoit Sparkling Water
- Starbucks Bottled Cold Brew Black or Iced Coffee (sweetened and unsweetened)
Note: The Starbucks Bottled Frappuccino is not vegan.
As consumers, we have the opportunity to drive real change for animals every time we make a purchase. Showing your compassionate side can be as easy as choosing a vegan snack or drink instead of one that’s packed with the cholesterol and cruelty that go hand in hand with using animals for food and beverages.
Don’t see your favorite vegan Starbucks find on this list? Let us know.
Our free Philippines vegan starter kit has tips and information about going vegan. For animals, the environment, and your health, order one today!