Foodie Fridays: Curried Potato Salad
Tired of traditional potato salad? Try kicking it up a notch with this Indian-inspired take on the classic.
Curried Potato Salad
5 medium potatoes (boiled about 20-30 minutes and refrigerated overnight)
1/3 cup peas (frozen or fresh cooked)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (red, green, or yellow)
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. chopped red pepper (optional)
3/4 cup eggless mayonnaise (try Vegenaise, Nayonaise, or Praise brand’s 97% fat-free variety)
2 tsp. madras curry powder
1 1/2 Tbsp. mango chutney
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces (3/4″-1″) with the skin left on.
- Put potatoes, peas, onion, cilantro, and red pepper (if using) into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder, and chutney. Add half of this dressing to the potato mixture and toss gently. Add more, as needed. (This mixture should be slightly wet because as it sets in the fridge, the potatoes will absorb some of the dressing.)
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving or overnight.
- Add any leftover dressing as needed before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Posted by Jason Baker