No one will miss the butter in this easy-to-make summertime dessert! The leftovers taste great too!
For the Filling:
6 cups fresh blackberries
2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
3 Tbsp. cornstarch or white flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Toss together in a large bowl and turn into an 8-inch-round or 8-inch-by-8-inch square baking pan.
For the Topping:
2 cups granola
1/2 cup dried, shredded sweet coconut
2 Tbsp. soy margarine, softened
- Combine the granola, coconut, and margarine and mix well.
- Cover the blackberry mixture with the granola mixture and gently pat it down.
- Bake, covered, at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake until bubbly and golden brown on top (about 15 more minutes—time may vary with different ovens).
Makes 6 servings
Posted by Jason Baker